- One "We Can Pickle That" cross stitch pattern from Subversive Cross Stitch
- Knowledge of the show Portlandia on IFC.
- Embroidery floss: Dark Green, Light Green, Light Pink, Dark Pink, Black, Silver, Yellow
- Epic sewing skills. Nah... you just need a Charles Craft ready to stitch tote bag which is available at some craft stores nationwide (also available at Subversive Cross Stitch)
- About 3-4 hours
- Watch season 2, episode 1 of Portlandia
- Learn how to cross-stitch if you don't already know how.
- Find the center of the cross stitch panel of the tote. Find the center of you pattern. These should be the same spot. Or... Try to put the center jar in the center of the panel.
- Working color by color, stitch the center of the pattern.
- For the border, figure out if you have enough floss in one color to finish the border area.
|Whoops... no more of that color green left...|
Finally, you want to take a look at the tote bag's care instructions. You'll want to wash and dry this carefully before anyone wants to use this, mainly because it will minimize the shrinking that will happen later when someone inevitably decides to throw this through the washing machine and dryer.
A quick pressing job, and here's the final product:
Perfect for taking to the farmers market, independent feminist bookstore, or just to have with you when you are waiting in line for brunch.