Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Fake Facebook Days and Your Idiot Friends

I guess today was pregnancy loss remembrance day (or something), because half a dozen people in my feed have listed the dates of their miscarriages.  Including the one person, who mentioned her pregnancy loss seven years ago, who gave me grief about not having children up to the point when she found out I was pregnant.  You know, also the one who makes sure to post on April Fools Day that joking about being pregnant is traumatic for her, but she was willing to ask me at every single family event when I was going to have kids.  She has no way of knowing whether or not she was "joking" about this a few weeks after my own miscarriage or not, because it's none of her business, but of course, she needs to have her own precious emotions protected.

I'm realizing that I have a lot of unprocessed feelings and emotions about my pregnancy and subsequent postpartum depression which is going to require a lot of energy to monitoring my personal filters to not piss off every one around me.  But I don't feel like apologizing, either, if I do slip up and tell this person to shut up already because she may (or may not) have made my life hell for years and years and years.  Again, none of her business.

No comments:

Post a Comment