Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Economics and Baseball!

I finally got around to reading a book that I've wanted to read for a while now.  Just finished "Moneyball: The Art of Winning An Unfair Game" on the advice of my economics professor, who seriously modeled a couple lectures on the Chicago Cubs.  Who am I to complain when it appears that he had unlocked the reason for 104 years of futility due to lack of organizational focus and misplaced efficiency wages?  At least it's not because I didn't want it enough.

Wait, the Cubs overpay for players?  You have GOT to be kidding me.
What I loved about this book is the way that economics theory is casually introduced throughout the book.  Prices for players decrease as supply increases around the trading deadline?  LOVE!

Book #2 done... 48 more to go for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment