Monday, November 28, 2011

Getting Life on Track

Since my husband left on a trip this week, I decided that this would be a good time to start to a new diet and exercise regime.  Why not.

The things that I have going for me:
  • Complete control of the cooking and food shopping. 
  • Fewer demands of my time to keep me from exercising
  • Full command of the DVD player for exercise videos
  • No one except the cat to see that I look ridiculous while doing sit-ups
  • After two runs to Trader Joe's, a fully stocked kitchen of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, low calorie frozen entrees and premium organic snacks.  Good tea and good coffee so I won't be drinking my calories.
  • Close proximity to trails for running and biking, a weight set in the basement, exercise videos and on-demand workouts, and the Wii EA Sports Active, so the cat can mock me.
Things I don't have going for me:
  • I'm lazy.
  • I get bored easily
  • Chocolate is yummy.
  • I'm missing my partner - the one who senses when I'm stressed out and in over my head and swoops in to rescue me from myself, or doing the dishes, bringing me a cup of coffee to help me walk up, or just give me a hug while I'm preparing some type of bland fish and veggie dinner. 
That last one is going to be a hard one to get over.

No comments:

Post a Comment